Yesterday I did a lot of thinking in regards to the world we live in. It dawned on me that our girls have never known a world without war in it. That makes me sad! The reason I was thinking about that was because yesterday here in Newnan our local National Guard, the 48th Infantry Brigade Bravo Company Second Battalion deployed for Afghanistan. The city had a big send off for the soliders and our girls along with the all the kids in their school participated in saying goodbye. I knew that the girls would be a part of this and it made very proud and happy. Lela and Lacey both came home telling me about how they waved flags as the soliders and police cars passed by. I asked them if they knew where the soliders were going and why they were leaving? Lela said they were going far away to "fight the bad guys" and Lacey told me about how those soliders were other kids' mommies and daddies and they had to go away. They both then told me we had to pray for the soliders, I told them I totally agreed! As I'm writing this the tears are filling my eyes because at the age of 6 and 3, my girls somewhat understand what war is in a conceptual sort of way - fighting bad guys, keeping us safe, etc. I have to say that honestly at that age of 6 I had no idea what any of that was. I can only pray that our children realize how lucky they are to have been born in the wonderful nation we live in. We truly live in a blessed and rich nation and our daughters along with all of us are some the luckiest people born in such a great country - The United States of America. A country where we are free to chose, where we are free to speak, where we are free to worship; basically where we are free to be whoever and whatever we want to be. How about them apples?
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
A World Of Peace?
Posted by jhdaniell at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment