The girls had there six month checkup at the dentist this morning. I hate going to the dentist, more than our girls will ever know. When we go I sit there holding my breath with butterflies fluttering in my stomach waiting to hear if they have any cavities. Luckily we made it through another six months all clear. Yeah! I was so excited! The dental hygienist kept ranting and raving about all the room in the Lacey's little mouth and how good everything looked. Yeah! I just wish her room looked as good as her mouth did. She is notorious for whatever she has in her hands at the moment to just drop it where ever she is - her shirt in the middle of the great room floor, a flip flop in the kitchen, another flip flop in the dining room, on and on and on. I don't understand, nor do I try. I gave up a long time ago and just know that if I walk through the house I will soon find it.
Sunday after church we asked the girls where they would like to go eat, Lacey piped up with "The Half Shell." Well, as luck would have it they are not open on Sunday. I made a deal with her that after the dentist I would take them there for lunch. So, just as I had promised we headed to "The Half Shell" for lunch. We really like it! I have to tell you it's the craziest concept in a restaurant but after reading on the menu the history I kind of "gotta it." All this place serves is hot dogs, BBQ and oysters. Yeah I know, it's a little strange. What I learned is that the owners are from LA (lower Alabama) and this kind of restuarant is actually pretty common in those parts, so they decided to open a restaurant here serving that kind of food. I must say I was laughing because I had to think this probably isn't the healthest place to eat, right?
Thursday, April 23, 2009
The Dentist And Hot Dogs
Posted by jhdaniell at 10:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment