Friday, April 24, 2009

Working My Little Fingers To The Bone

Yes, that's what I've been doing. Between working in the yard and designing/sewing two quilts I'm a just a busy worker bee these days. I think in one of my earlier entries I talked about our yard, well the front pine island is slowly but surely coming to life, I had forgotten how much time it takes to plant. I made the conscious decision not to buy more than I was able to put in the ground. During this week, we have planted - 4 gardenia bushes, 3 azaleas and 12 dianthaus. In fact we are in need of a few more dianthaus, but I'm not ready to go there just yet. I'm cracking up because before I put all this stuff in the ground it was raining every few days or so. Well, it seems now that this stuff is in the ground and it is not raining. Murphy's Law, right? Just watch it probably won't rain again for weeks and weeks, since we have started this planting.

The quilts? They are coming together quite nicely. I have about 20 something days before they need to be done and ready to give to the teachers. I wish I had kept of a time log in regards to how long they are taking. It would probably blow my mind. They are turning out really cute, though. In fact I'm making them both alike which if I wasn't under such a time constraint I might have done a little different, but this way it makes things easiler and a whole lot less stressful.

Tomorrow is Saturday and I'm looking forward to being productive. There is an Recycled & Reclaimed Art Show in Historic Downtown Senoia, I would really like to go to it. I'm thinking it would be a nice little family outing.


2 comments:

Cami said...

They are beautiful! I want you to be a parent in my class! WOW

southernjoy said...

Oh my goodness... that's wonderful. They are going to love it!