My new thing to sew these days is pillowcases. It's probably been one of the most fun things I've ever sewed, if that's possible. I love fabric!!! It's my thing!!! So when I get to pick out fabric and mix different patterns to created the pillowcases I get so much satisfaction from it. I was having so much fun sewing them that I decided Lela could take one as a birthday present to a friend of hers. Another idea that had to go along with it was a doll pillow. So today, I spent my time putting my idea to fruition. Everything seems to have turned out really cute and I'm really excited about it. All I have left is to design a little card to go along with the packaging that tells exactly what it is. Hopefully it will be well received, it's hard to tell with a six year old, but if Lela's reaction is any indication then I will be OK.Here is a picture of the doll pillow with its matching pillowcase. They turned out pretty good, uh?
Here is the packaging I created for the pillowcases - cellophane, paper shreds and curling ribbon. Ah, just lovely....
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Birthday Present, anyone???
Posted by jhdaniell at 9:22 PM
Labels: creativity, fabric, Lela, pillowcase, sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Can I have one for my birthday? That is ADORABLE. Yeah, I'm awake. I itch.
Oh.. that's very cute! You might like this website...
http://www.thinkgarnish.com/store/scripts/default.asp
I know you like packaging ideas, and they sell some great basics. I've ordered a few things from them before and they have fabulous customer service.
Post a Comment