Monday, March 16, 2009

Wow!

that is all I can I say about this past weekend. My life is definitely forever changed because of my Walk To Emmaus. I have felt every emotion in my body from happiness and tears to love and joy. I have truly seen and experienced Christ in ways I never imagined. It definitely changes a person I can say that very confidently. I am seeing the world in a totally different light and have become a different and better person for it.

I think one of the many lessons I have taken from my walk is to enjoy this journey called life and not to anticipate. There will be times in our life when we will be on top of the mountain and then there will be times we are deep in the pit and still other times we are just treking along. But no matter where we are in life, God is always there loving on us and leading the way. I think it's only human nature to want to lead especially when we have no idea where in the world we are going. I have realized this past weekend that we must trust, such a small world but with so much power in it. In Proverbs 3:5-6 it says, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding but in all ways acknowledge him. In this past weekend, I trusted God and boy what an adventure we went on, it was awesome!

De Colores!

1 comments:

southernjoy said...

I'm so glad you had such an incredible experience. It would be a HUGE step for me to do something like that. One of my biggest fears is to be "away" from everyone -- for people to not be able to contact me if there was an emergency. I think it would be a very freeing (and eye opening) experience to get away like that.