Saturday, March 21, 2009

Surrounded By God's Love


Well, that is the title to our Children's Sermon that Kevin and I will give tomorrow at the 10:55 am service. Am I scared? Am I nervous? No not really, surprisingly enough I'm just very excited. And what even surprises me more is how easy the lesson came to me. I guess when you truly trust and mean really trust in the Lord, amazing things can happen. I've prayed that this is what we're suppose to talk about. When we were first approached I started off with one lesson that has materialised into another. And that I truly believe was God at work. In fact when I think about what I originally thought we should talk about has now fallen away and a new lesson was born in its place. Amazing, uh? Well, here is the lesson...

Our girls have two hermit crabs, Pinchers and Bananas. (We will actually have the crabs at church for the kids to see because they love that kind of stuff.) If you will notice the crabs live in a shell which surrounds their bodies and keeps them protected. Did you know that we are just like those little hermit crabs living in those shells? What do you think our shells are that protect and surround us? It's God and His love for us. We are surround by Him and His love everyday through the people we meet, our families and the beauty in the world. So, every time you see a little hermit crab I want you to remember that God's love is our shell. Amen.

1 comments:

southernjoy said...

THAT was an incredible lesson! I'm finally adding your blog to my list.. it will be easier for me to check that way.