Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Taking A Leap Of Faith

On the heels of our Walk, today I was emailed by one of our ministers if Kevin and I would present the Children's Sermon at the 10:55 service on Sunday. At first my stomach was in my throat, my palms sweaty and my head spinning. Us talking in church in front of...well, everyone? Just for one brief moment I tried to come up with an excuse, we would be out town or I was planning on being sick that morning. Then it hit me out of nowhere like a ton of bricks, after everything we experienced over the past two weekends - we could do this.

I called Kevin and told him what was going on and it occurred to me that JoAn really thought we could do this and wanted to give us this opportunity. I should feel honored. I won't lie and say I'm not scared, because I am. I don't stand in front of crowds talking, heck I really don't like attention put on me at all. Yes, I get up in front of a group of people with a microphone on and dance around, but that's a different part of my personality. But to get up and just talk, is an entirely different story. Wow! It's amazing to me how God works, I've been praying for courage, humility and guidance since the first of the year. I can't believe this is actually happening. Stay tuned, I think it only gets more exciting.

1 comments:

southernjoy said...

you can definitely do it! Let's plan another lunch. I want to talk to you about your Walk!