Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day Of Spring

Yes, it's the first day of spring and we've been blessed to have a teacher's workday today. The good thing about not having school is I did sleep in (a little.) What do I mean? Well, sleeping in for me is when I don't set an alarm. This is coming from a woman who gets up somewhere between 5:00 am and 5:30 am during the week. So when I wake up at 6:00 am, I consider that to be sleeping in.

The girls and I have been planning this day for a while now and I was hoping that we would have a good time hanging out. I was definitely planning on us eating lunch at Johnny's Pizza because the girls love that place, well at least Lela does anyways. And since Johnny's is located next to Rita's, and every first day of spring they serve free Italian ice all day long I knew we would hit there as well. In fact that is how we became introduced to Rita's. As Lacey would say, "It was YUM!"

So, our day started with us hitting the new Belks in Newnan where I got everyone new flip flops for the summer. After wandering through the store and checking out everything, we then decided to go get our lunch and Italian ice. It was so nice outside that we sat by the fountain eating our ice. It felt so good having the warm sun beating down on us - not too hot and not too cool, just perfect.

After "dessert," we piled back in the car and headed to the Avenue. Lela had gotten a gift card to Children's Place for her birthday and I'd been promising her that I would take her and she could buy a few things with it....that she did. She is going through a "pink phase." For some unknown reason she thinks everything in her closet needs to be pink? Go figure. I so wish she would pick another color and realize that she could change up her wardrobe some.

By the time we had finish at Children's Place, we were all about worn out with the execption of Lela. She rarely stops. Somewhere on the way home Lacey decided to crash out. Thank goodness because I just knew a nap was in order for me as well. When we finally did get home, Lela had to get on the computer and Lacey and I snuggled down for an afternoon nap....ahhh.

0 comments: