I'm a big believer in artistic freedom especially coming from an art background. I so love it when the girls bring home a piece of artwork they have created. I usually try and save it or I end up framing it and it goes in the hallway. I still have few things from when I was younger. In fact I have this "monster" I made from clay sitting on one of the bookcases that I swear Kevin thinks is junk. In fact it something I did probably in the fourth or fifth grade, so I do have some attachment to it.
Well, Lela's class had to draw a self portrait of themselves. She brought it home today and I absolutely love it! I loved it so much I went out right after school to buy a frame for it. She did such a good job. She asked me if the nose looked OK and I told it looked great!!! I've done self portraits in the past and let me tell you they are not fun nor easy to do in my opinion; having to sit in front of a mirror for hours on end, no thank you. I'm not a vain person by any means so to sit in front of a mirror for a few hours just makes my skin crawl. I would much rather draw anything else than myself. It's so much easier to see the beauty of others, that's for sure.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Self Portrait
Posted by jhdaniell at 3:44 PM
Labels: creativity, Lela, self portrait
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment