Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a very relaxing and happy mother's day today. Mine was very pleasant and quiet, that within itself was a gift. Kevin and the girls gave me a K-Cup Carousel Tower to hold all my coffee in this morning as well. I love it! Not to mention Kevin spent the entire afternoon building our raised garden. I'm so excited. This year we are starting a garden; a project for the entire family. The girls are besides themselves with excitement when we talk about it. I don't know exactly how happy they will be when we have to snap beans later on, but hopefully it be something they will remember.

At church this morning, our sermon was entitled The Joy Of Gardening and was based on scripture from John 15:1-8. I know you know it, it's the lesson on The Vine and the Branches. It's one of my favorite lessons in the Bible. In the lesson, Jesus speaks about how God is the gardener and He prunes and cleans us up in order that we might bear more fruit. As a mother, I feel that God has also made me to be a gardener. A gardener in the fact that I'm to nurture, love and care for my children. I'm to prune them by teaching them right from wrong, have compassion for others, using good manners, etc. Being the gardener is not always an easy job because many days you think the work you are doing is not going anywhere, but then one day you will wake up and see the harvest it has produced.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS.

0 comments: