Yes, yesterday at dance the girls got their costumes for the upcoming recital. Lacey was beside herself with excitement. We had to have a fitting in the studio and she was told that she could only wear the costume three times - right then, for their pictures and then again at the recital. Well, my child being the child that she is immediately started asking me if she could wear it home in the car? Great! Now for the next few weeks I'm gonna have to hear about her wearing her costume. I will say it is the absolutely cutest costume I've ever seen and I don't have to do any sewing on it. Yeah!!! Those are the best. She is so proud because she gets to wear a flower in her hair and carry a fan. She is going to be a Japanese fan dancer.
Lela's costume on the other hand will require me sewing on it. (Yuck.) Her costume is very pretty. It's a red and black plaid with a red tutu. She is a Scotish dancer. She is not real crazy about it that's for sure. She even has a hat and choker to wear with it. I wish you could she the look on her face when she put the hat on. I could tell this wasn't going to be good, but she keep composed about it. I keep telling her how pretty she looks, but I just don't think she is buying it because she doesn't like it. Oh well, at least I won't have to hear her ask about wearing the costume everyday between now and the recital.
Here is a picture of what the costumes look like:
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
It Was Costume Day!
Posted by jhdaniell at 6:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Well I can see why Lela does not like her costume. It's not pink! They look precious and I'm excited about the recital!
I think they are both adorable!
Post a Comment