Monday, November 17, 2008

Oven Update

Well, as of this morning still no oven. How do people function without one is my question? It is driving me crazy. The repair man finally did show up on Friday afternoon close to 5:00 (told you it would be after 4:00). He figured out that it was the igniter(?). Said that was pretty common for a gas oven. Then he goes out to the van to get the part comes back in, takes the oven apart, removes the new part from the box and guess what??? It's broken!!! Just the luck I have, a brand new part broken. I told him that I really needed my oven fixed by the first of the week and the earliest he could come back would be this Friday....a little late, that won't work. I have a cookies to bake for the Thanksgiving Feast at school on Friday and a cake to make for the auction at church on Wednesday. Why, oh why me? (I so hate being behind the eight ball.)

He apologized about the part being broken and asked me if I was good at putting stuff together. Um, I guess so? He then proceeded to tell me where to go to get the part and walked me through of how to put the part on the oven. I was a little nervous about all of this but he reassured me I could do it. Of course the appliance store where we needed to get the part was closed on the weekend, so today is the earliest we could get it. Kevin is picking it up today and then this evening hopefully he and I can do this thing. If we can't get it working, oh I don't even want to think about it. I guess I will be making some trips to the bakery.

0 comments: