Sunday, September 28, 2008

Revived and Rested

I returned from Simpsonwood this afternoon. It was definitely a much needed break. I feel refreshed and revived. Yesterday I sat by the Chattahoochee River for almost two hours taking in the sounds and sights of nature. It felt so good to be by myself with my thoughts. (That is something which I don't get much of.) I learned even more about myself on this retreat compared to the one last spring.

As I was walking through the woods to sit by the river all of a sudden I came across two deer on my path. I was just as surprised as they were, we both just stopped dead in our tracks and watched one another. They were so quiet and peaceful looking. Then after what seemed like ten minutes they headed off into the woods. Later as I was sitting by the Chattahoochee I watched six Canadian geese swim up to where I was and start eating fish. Something else that I didn't even notice till later was a tiny little spider had taken up residence beside me spinning her web. It was so wonderful. I like to imagine that might have been what the garden of Eden was like crawling with life, peace and serenity. Something else that had an effect on me was the prayer Labryinth, I walked it twice while I was there. It's a path made from rocks and it reminded me of our journey in life with all the twists and turns we experience. We each must remember that we learn through our experiences and to enjoy our journeys for it is those things that make us who we are.

0 comments: