Lacey had her 3 year old well check appointment, yesterday. Comes to find out the girl is 37" tall (she is actually 2 1/2" taller than her older sister was at this age) and weighs a mere 26.2 lbs (Lela weighed 25 lbs). It's funny when I look at her because I think of her as being smaller than Lela but in reality she is bigger. She also had to get a shot yesterday, which I had forgotten about. Last year we decided to have both of the girls vaccinated for Hepatitis A which at the time was voluntary (I think), so Lacey got her second round of it. I had prepared for the worst because as a child and even today getting a shot is a "big deal" and I make a "big deal" about it. I'm a totally baby about the whole process, period. Well, Lacey like her sister didn't cry, didn't make a noise, nothing! I was so proud of her! I told her, "Lacey, Mommy is so proud of you. You didn't even cry when you got your boo boo." Her response was, "Yeah, I got a shot! I'm gonna tell Lela that I got a shot and I didn't cry." I was laughing because she acted like that was the greatest thing getting a shot. When we picked Lela up from school she was showing "Miss Josie" and "Miss Patty" where exactly she had gotten her shot and was telling them the story. In fact, the band-aid was already removed and she was looking for just the right spot where the needle went it. (Lela on the other hand I think wore her band-aid for at least two days.....)
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment