Saturday, September 13, 2008

Newnan Cougars

I'm moving pretty slow today. Yesterday, my friend Ami and I decided to try a new class at the Y. It was basically a military style boot camp for an hour. I told her during class that I felt like a contestant on the Biggest Loser, I have never and I repeat never worked out that hard in my life!! It was GREAT!! We're going back Monday to be tortured again. Just to give you a glimpse of what we did, we had to run up and down the stairs 20 times....no, I didn't do 20. I did 10, which I didn't think was bad for somebody who had never done that before. My legs are so sore. It was AWESOME!!!

Last night, we made a trip to see the Newnan Cougars play football. My how times have changed. I can remember being in high school and traveling to Newnan to play the Cougars and now here I am sitting on the home side cheering them on. Talk about fun!!! I had forgotten how much fun high school football games are especially here Newnan. Newnan is currently ranked as one of the top five football teams in the state, so it always helps to have a winning team.

An observation I made last night is football is king here in Newnan. Here is my top five list of other things I noticed:
1. Talk about big boys, they grow some big boys here.
2. The football program is as thick as a high school yearbook.
3. At one point I thought we were at a college football game, the cheerleaders were throwing "little footballs" into the stands.
4. They sell tshirts, baseball caps, jackets, etc. with Newnan Football, Newnan Cougars printed all over them.
5. You can purchase season tickets(?)

1 comments:

Wayne-O said...

Did Kevin bring all of his tailgate stuff to tailgate before the game ??? HAHAHA !!!