Talk about a long and eventful day, well yesterday was it!!! We all got up and went to church and Sunday school. Our lesson in our Sunday school class was on perseverance (little did we know that would come in to play during the coarse of the day.) After church, Kevin and Lacey headed to a family reunion at Lake Acworth and Lela and I stayed down here since she had dress rehearsal for her dance recital.
Lela and I started our afternoon off by going and getting pedicures. It was Lela's first time. We had them paint flowers on our toes - that was really fun. Aunt Laura even went with us. Afterwards, we made a quick trip to Michael's and Target. Then we headed home to get ready for the dress rehearsal. As we were headed out the door around 3:00, I got a phone call from Kevin. He told me I wasn't gonna believe what had happened. A large tree had fallen on his truck. What? What did you say? Yes, a very large tree had fallen on his truck. Uh? He thought the truck might be totaled but wasn't sure. He then proceeded to tell me no one was hurt and everybody was OK. (Alright, now I can breath.) I asked him what I needed to do and he said just sit tight. How am I suppose to sit tight? I guess it was a good thing Lela had her rehearsal, because we had to be there. (Her recital is next Sunday.)
Lela's rehearsal time was from 3:30 - 4:30, with her class being last. Of course, by the time we got to her class it almost 5:00. They ran through their dance twice and we headed out the door. As soon as I hit the parking lot I called Kevin. He told me they were cutting the tree up and his mom was there helping with Lacey. He would call me later and give some type of game plan.
Lela then decided she was hungry. So, I talked her out of McDonald's and we headed to our favorite pizza place - Johnny's. It was really fun just hanging out with my five year old. I had forgotten how much fun she and I have together. Since Lacey has been born, there is really no "Lela and me time" because we usually have "sissy" with us. (I think Lela liked having all the attention as well.) After dinner, Lela wanted to walk next door and get some Italian ice. Tell me this child still isn't hungry? So, we walked next door to Rita's and Lela got a child size Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Italian ice. Yuck! I had a bite. Didn't care for it, but what ever floats your boat. She ate the whole thing....how? The child isn't that big.
Then around 6:45 or so, Kevin said the wrecker had the truck and it was on its way to Newnan. About 8:15 we finally hooked with Kevin, Lacey, Jan and Earl. My poor little baby, she had to have been just exhausted. She was so excited to see me and Lela. She kept telling us a big tree went boom and fell on daddy's car, we ran, I saw some ducks. Talk about the never ending day.
We finally got home around 9:30 and you talk about excitement, what are the odds???

Monday, June 2, 2008
What Are The Odds????
Posted by jhdaniell at 7:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment