Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lacey's Independence

Well, now that summer is officially here I have to try and be creative when it comes to finding things for the girls to do. I will say somedays are easier than others. This week hasn't been too bad, since Lela has been in Science Camp. Everyday she comes home telling us all the things they did for that day. Today, they touched worms, planted a flower and did something in regards to the life cycle of a frog?

Lacey and I went to my Wednesday morning bible study group, today. There she gets to play with her friends while I have some much needed "mommy time." Lacey is going through this stage of wanting to do everything and I mean everything by herself. It is funny and frustrating all at the same time. The one thing she is big on is dressing herself. She will let me pick the outfit, but putting it on is her job. If I try ever so slightly to help she yells "NO! I DO IT!" And if she puts something on backwards you can basically forget getting her to change it. It is kind of funny her walking around with her shorts on backwards. We are making progress though, because she has figured out what feet her shoes go on, if I could only get her to understand that the tag goes in back. Today, when I was explaining that her tag went in back she said "In back where my poop comes out?"

The other thing she has found is the step stool. I have decided that I don't like them period. Every time I turn around she is carrying one with her to the bathroom, the kitchen, my room, etc. She has discovered that with a step stool she can get and do whatever she needs ALL BY HERSELF!! Her favorite thing is getting ice from the refrigerator and just plain getting into the refrigerator. If I could I so would put a padlock on it, but then what are we to do???? Oh well, like every stage this too will pass (but when?)

0 comments: