Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Uninvited Guest

Talk about exciting morning....we'll at least that is what Lela and Lacey will tell you. We were getting ready to leave for VBS. I let the garage up right before we were going to get in the car. I came back inside to fix Lacey's milk. Lela had walked down the driveway to get the morning paper. When she came back in, she told me we had a little problem. I was like what are you talking about? "No, Mom just come out to the garage." I went into the garage, having no idea what the "little problem" was going to be when out of no where she said there's a turtle in the garage. I honestly thought Lela probably had no idea what she was saying....how wrong was I. I walked around my car and in the middle of my garage is a turtle crawling towards me. OK! Now what I'm I suppose to do, because I don't touch frogs, turtles, snakes, lizards....basically anything living that lives outdoors so to speak.

In my mind I was freaking out, but I didn't want the girls to see me acting this way. So, I went inside to get a broom to sweep the poor turtle outside. Well here's some advice, turtles don't sweep up very easily if at all. Next idea....didn't have any. So, I took a deep breath and proceed to pick the thing up, which I mind you I have never and I repeat never touched a turtle in all my 36 years until now!!! As I was picking the turtle up I had to convince myself it was a rock, so I kept telling myself it's just a rock, just a rock... a LIVING AND BREATHING ROCK!!!

I got the turtle out and placed him in the yard. Lela was so excited because she decided that she wanted to touch it since she had seen me do it. All the way home from Bible School, the girls talked about the turtle and how they hoped he was still in the yard, etc. Needless to say he left (smart guy.) Now I'm just praying that we have no more visitors to the garage, I just don't think I can handle anymore excitement.

0 comments: