Today, we started our first day of VBS. I've been anxious about my class even though I have done this before. I just didn't know what my class would be like this year. Last year I had a little boy that basically didn't want to participate, tried running from the group, etc. and I was afraid that might happen again this year. Well, boy I couldn't have dreamed my class would be what it is....11 little girls, not a single boy in the class. Obviously, the Lord has been listening to my prayers. It is so different just having girls. They are very much into their crafts and singing. I love it!!!! I'm definitely a girls' mom.
Lela is in my class (of course) with her friend Katharine - so she seems to be enjoying herself. You get those two together and you never know what is gonna happen next. They are a mess the two of them. They are so cute because they are so opposite of each other. Katharine has very curly long blonde hair and then there is Lela with her long straight dark brown hair. They both are in the same class at school, as well as dance together. They definitely had fun today.
Lacey on the other hand, who knows about her. She didn't seem real happy about going this morning. When we dropped her off at her class, she was crying and pitching a fit. (Hopefully, tomorrow will be better - let's cross our fingers.) Lacey hasn't done that in a long time. I'm hoping that she was just putting on a show for me. When I picked her up she was sitting in one of the girls laps watching a movie.....typical Lacey. (This fall will be interesting when school starts back up.)
All in all we had a good day. It's been a long one, but a fun one. And it doesn't help matters that I have teach Jazzercise this afternoon.....oh, well maybe we'll sleep really good tonight!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Surfin' Through The Scriptures - VBS
Posted by jhdaniell at 2:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment