Today, I thought I'd be smart and take the girls to the pool today and wear them out. How wrong I was! I promised the girls if they would let me get somethings done around the house I would take them to the pool. So, after lunch we gathered up floats, packed the beach bag, slathered on sunscreen, etc. and left for the pool. When we finally arrived at the pool around 1:00 p.m. I had decided that hopefully we would stay there until at least 3:00 p.m. (4:00 p.m. if I was lucky.)
Well.....at around 2:00 p.m. they decided they wanted to get out and go over to the park that was right by the neighborhood pool. (Mind you now we had only been there an hour and now they want to play on the playground equipment.) Are you kidding me? I dried myself off and proceed to follow the girls to the playground and asked them if they were threw swimming for the day. They answered with "Yes, we're done." I walked back over to the pool, while they played and gathered up all our stuff. By the time I had everything packed up, they were ready to head home.
When we arrived at home, Lela then tells me she wants to ride her scooter. Why????? (Where does all this energy come from?) We went inside changed clothes and headed outside. I got a chair out and grabbed a couple of magazines to read while we were out there. I'm sitting in the chair with the girls running around the yard, playing soccer, hopscotch, riding bikes and I'm literally falling asleep. I felt absolutely horrible because I was so tired and I couldn't hardly keep my eyes open. Wait a minute . . . . . I was trying to wear them out not the other way around!! Jokes on me.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Jokes On Me
Posted by jhdaniell at 8:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment