Monday, February 16, 2009

Jazzerthon For The Cure

Yesterday, I spent my whole entire day doing Jazzercise related stuff. Once a year in February we have what is called a Jazzerthon. Basically it is a fund-raiser for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. We Jazzercise for three hours and usually have a special guest. Well, this year our special guest was none other than Judi Sheppard Missett who founded Jazzercise 40 years ago. It makes for a long day but the cause is so worth it. I personally have known two women who have died from the disease and then there are a few at our center right now battling breast cancer. They are a true inspiration to me when I see them in my class knowing what they have and are going through. This year our goal was for $200,000.00. As of this morning I'm not quite sure what we collected throughout the Metro Atlanta area, but I do know for a fact that our center alone collected $5100.00. Not bad for a center of our size.

Here is an article from the AJC that was sent to me from our District Manager in regards to yesterday's fund-raiser.

0 comments: