Friday, January 30, 2009

My Biggest Fans

Today was the last day of my pastels class,and I have enjoyed it immensely. It was definitely the catalyst I needed to get my creative juices flowing again. Our girls are my biggest supporters and have been cheering me own during these past four weeks as I took baby steps back toward the familiar. Every Friday when I would pick them up from school they would get all excited asking me "Mommy, what did you draw today?" We could barely get in the door before Lacey was digging through my bag searching for my "art." It warms my heart that they get all excited over fruit, flowers, landscapes, and now the toys blocks I have drawn. I have started sketching again and I find it so funny when Lela goes "Wow Mom, you can draw a ?" I just laugh because it's so funny to me because that's what I went to college to study was art. I try and explain that to her, but I'm not sure she quite understands that yet. My only hope is that they continue to get excited not just about my art but others as well.

0 comments: