Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm Behind...I Know

and I feel so bad that when I started this blog I promised myself that I would keep it updated on a regular basis and it's been a week since I've written anything. YIKES!!! So, let me catch everyone up to speed.


Last Monday, we attended the Georgia Gymnastics Pink Out. The meet was in support of breast cancer research and everyone was encouraged to wear pink. It was the GymDogs vs. Utah which was very exciting because Georgia and Utah are like the two top teams in NCAA gymnastics. It was a close meet and that made it very nail biting. Of course, Georgia came out on top but not by much. The girls loved it because all the girls were wearing pink, pink balloons, pink pom poms, etc. I think you get the idea.

Then on Friday at preschool the 4 year old and Kindergarten classes got to go and celebrate the Chinese New Year at a Chinese restaurant. I unfortunately couldn't go because I had my art class that morning, so Daddy stepped in to save the day. From what I heard everything went great! And everyone got to eat sweet and sour chicken. Yummy!

In my art class we were working on flowers in water. I'm still trying to work on mine, but here is a preview of what it is starting to look like. I had totally forgotten how much I enjoy seeing the reflections in water, it's amazing all the shapes that appear. I still have a lot to do on this piece, but I thought you might enjoy seeing it in progress. It is actually some hydrangeas in a vase.



Well, I think I'm caught back up. Next time I'll do better and won't be such a slacker.....sorry.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey Julie, I graduated with Kevin and saw your blogspot on his FB page. I love keeping up with your family through your blog. You seem like such a neat person and Kevin is obviously a great dad. I love all the pictures and I LOVED all of your Christmas trees (From a previous blog post). Have a good week.