Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2009 New Year's Resolutions

One thing I love about the New Year is it is a time for reflection and a time for looking ahead. A time to look at our past accomplishments and realize where we have been and hopefully see where we are going. I've really not been big on resolutions but I'm finding that the older I get I like to see what I've done. So, this year I have decided that I will make some.





1. Organize all my recipes. (This something that has been needed to do for a long time and it just seems to keep getting worse by the day.)


2. Straighten up all my fabric, quilting & sewing stuff. (I'm hoping that by having all my fabric and sewing stuff organized I will be able to be more creative.)


3. Put Proverbs 3:5-6 to action. (This is a pretty straight forward one, if you ask me.)


4. Paint Lela's room. (Last year I bought fabric to make Lela a duvet cover. I had planned on redoing her room, since I had this new fabric...so I need to start somewhere.)


5. Step outside my comfort zone. (I feel as if I need to start experiencing more and trying new things. I signed up for a pastels art class, my first class was last week. I really enjoyed it.)


6. Start a creative blog. (I have found some amazing creative stuff "out there" and this would be a good place to keep them. Plus, I feel it might be a good creative outlet for me as well.)


7. Clean up my desk and area around it.


8. Lose 6 more lbs. (I've already lost 14 lbs, which I started the day after Halloween. So, just to make it an even number I thought 6 lbs. more would be good.)


9. Clean & straighten out all kitchen cabinets. (I've already been working on this one. All I have left is the cabinet under the sink and the one above the fridge. Yeah!)

0 comments: