Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Plastic Grocery Bags, Crunchers and Monkey Munch


I am about totally exhausted at the moment. This morning I had a 9:30 class to teach with two girls in tow. They seemed to have a good time, playing with the other kids. As soon as class was over, they jumped on the stage to dance for whoever was left. Poor kids it's in their blood. Lacey cracks me up because whatever Lela is doing she tries and mimics it whether she can do it or not. After class we made a trip to pick up Lela's makeup and sewing supplies for her costume. Lacey decided that while we were crossing the street to the parking lot to stick her hand out like a police officer stopping traffic. I about cracked up laughing because she was serious about that car stopping.

We got home and to keep them occupied,we made their favorite snack - "Monkey Munch." "Monkey Munch" is basically a Chex cereal mix that we saw on Jon & Kate plus 8. They think it's so cool that we can have the same thing they have on the show. That kept them busy for a little bit and then it was on to "crunchers." The girls get my yard stick, brooms, umbrellas, etc. and pretend that they are crutches. They tell me that they are going to the doctor to have surgery and they have to have "crunchers" in order to walk. What vivid little imaginations. I'm just trying to figure out where in the world they heard about surgeries. I have a feeling it might be from me and "my show" - Grey's Anatomy.

Plastic grocery bags....have become a popular play toy these days. The girls will go into their rooms and put whatever they can find into plastic bags and tell me they have gone shopping. They then proceed to carry them around the house all day even wanting to sleep with them????The problem is there is no telling what I find in these bags. Just the other day I found Lacey's milk cup. Needless to say I just chucked it.

Here's the link for our "Monkey Munch" snack mix:
http://www.chex.com/Recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=19919&CategoryId=342

0 comments: