Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day and we didn't really have any exciting plans. Kevin went up to the Cumming office to work for part of the day. So, the girls and I took it easy. Our pool has been open for only three days and somehow the girls have been there two out of the three days. (Can we say obsessed?)It's not even June and all they can think about is going swimming. (Let's not burn ourselves out, now.)

I was hoping to plant some new pots for our front porch but when we went to the nursery, come to find out it was closed. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I have been working on a pillowcase dress for Lacey which I just finished today. I'm so excited about it! I will post a picture with her in it. It's pink with lime green ribbon for the straps. I am also planning on making her a red/black Georgia one. We are planning on taking the girls to their first Georgia football game in the fall for tailgating, so I'm hoping that Lacey will wear it. I'd like to think she would anyways.

For dinner tonight, I cooked ribs, BBQ green beans, corn and garlic bread. We even ate on the deck which is something of a treat for the girls. (There always seems to be to many distractions for their taste.) I even splurged and got us dessert - Key Lime Pie (one of our favorites - YUM!!)

0 comments: