We made our first visit to the new library near our house today. We went with the intentions of signing the girls up for their Summer Reading Program they have each year. Last year, Lela participated and really enjoyed going and getting new books each week. This year Lacey is participating as well. I can remember as a kid going and doing the same that they are doing. I think that's why I'm such a big believer in the program and because reading is something I love to do (when I get the time.)
I let them each pick out three books a piece. And what an interesting assortment they chose. Lela picked out books on Tennis and Gymnastics whereas Lacey picked out books on the feet and something regarding water. Hum? (I'll let you know what we think.) Probably the most exciting thing was Lela got to get her very first library card. (I know I'm excited for her - it's just a mom thing, uh?)
I'm signing off now because I have to go read "I Love Gymnastics," I'll let you know what we think about it later......
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Our New Library
Posted by jhdaniell at 7:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment