Friday, October 31, 2008

It's Halloween

and boy has it been a busy day!! This morning we had class parties and trick or treating around the square. I officially had my first party as room mom this morning for Lela's class. I think everything went really well and everyone seemed to have a good time. The big hit was my Pineapple Limeade slushie punch with gummy eyeballs floating in the cups. I wish I had pictures of it, it was too cute. Now I guess I need to start figuring out what we will do for her Christmas party, hum?

After we got home from school, I decided that we should try and at least carve our pumpkins. I had never carved a pumpkin before, so it took a little longer than expected. So, only Lela's got done....oops! Maybe next year Lacey. I'm sorry baby :(

Later Gigi, Jim (Papa), Aunt Laura, Uncle Ben, Sam, Evan, Kristy, Craig and little Brady came over to eat dinner and go trick or treating around the neighborhood. This was Brady's first Halloween and he was dressed as a dragon. Talk about cute!!! He also is starting to walk, which the girls just love. He was the first one back followed by Lacey, Evan and Jim. From what I was told Lela and Samuel were determined to go ever house in the subdivision, from the likes of their bags I'd say they succeed. They, of course, were last.

We decided after trick or treating to head over to this house across town that decorates their house like a pirate house. It was awesome! Everyone had a great time. We walked all through these people's yard looking at graves while ghosts jumped out at us. I think it would be so much fun to able to do something like that, but I also realize the time and effort involved, which is something we don't really have time for. Oh well such is life.....

Lacey's class takes a break from trick or treating around the square

What a Motley Crew? Evan, Samuel, Mom, Lacey, Lela, Kristy and Brady

0 comments: