Friday, August 22, 2008

Painting Pottery

For the past few weeks I had been promising the girls I would take them to paint pottery. It finally worked out that I could take them this afternoon. They were both so excited talking about what exactly they were going to paint.

I had never been to the studio but thought I knew where it was. Wrong!! After we drove around for 15 minutes looking for it I finally realized that we had driven by it about a dozen times. Only me.

We walked in and the lady who owns the studio was so nice. She took us around and showed us all the stuff we could paint, the play room where the girls could go to if they got tired of painting, etc. It was so much fun!

Lela had been saying that she was going to paint a dog and she did. She was sparkly pink with purple dots and black eyes. Lacey also did a dog, but hers was smaller. We are not quite sure what color hers will turn out because she used every color in the studio. I painted a coffee mug in my favorite colors - cream, brown, orange and lime green. I'm really excited to see them fired. Hopefully we will get them back some time next week.

I can't wait for us to go again.....

0 comments: