We had the girls open house for school, this morning. Next Tuesday is the big day for Lela, her first day of Kindergarten. Lacey will start on Wednesday because she just goes three days a week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday. They both seem really excited, and so am I!!!
We met with the teachers even though we already knew them and the girls got to see their other classmates. I'm excited for both of them. Lela sat at the back of the assembly with her friends (it starts young not wanting to be seen with your parents) while Lacey sat up front with me and the other board members.
This school year has brought many changes in my life. I was asked to sit on the preschool board and as well as if I would be the room mom for Lela's class. I'm excited!!! I have some ideas, I just hope that I do a good job. Another thing I have volunteered to do is be a substitute teacher for the school when needed. Something I have never done.
Right now I can hear the song Changes by David Bowie going through my head. And I'm really excited about what lies ahead for the Daniell girls this school year.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Excitement In The Air
Posted by jhdaniell at 8:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment