Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My 37th Birthday


Well, today I turned 37. How did that happen? I'm still in shock because I don't feel like I'm that old. Oh well like everything in life I guess it just gets away from us. Today for the most part has been quite pleasant, the girls have had a few squabbles but nothing too bad.

The day started when I woke up to a card and a CD from dear husband. He called later that morning after his bible study to let us know he would be bringing us breakfast from Waffle House. (How thoughtful!) When he arrived with breakfast he got the girls to give me their presents, which according to Lacey was "concrete." Actually it was stepping stones with their hand prints in it (there was a slight problem with the first ones so we are going to do them again), but no matter what I love them! They also gave me a Deen Brothers Cookbook - yum!

I then spent the majority of day cleaning and straightening up the house, while the girls played everything from house to going to camp to even playing on the PBS Kids website. I also tried working with Lela on her sight words, but I think lasted maybe at the most 5 minutes. (Her attention span sometimes is non existent.)

Later that evening we went to eat with Mom and Jim at Carrabba's. (Next week Kevin and I are going out again without children - yeah!) After dinner, we all headed back to our house to hookup with Laura, Ben, Sam and Evan and eat cake and ice cream and open presents. The girls were so excited, all Lacey could talk about was putting her fingers in my cake and Lela wanting to open my presents.

Well, they both helped me open presents. I hope we got everything. They were so cute tearing tissue paper from one present to the next. They were going so fast I felt like it was raining sheets of pink and brown tissue. After the presents, we had cake - a Raspberry Elegance cake from Publix. (My absolute favorite cake in the world. It has a cream cheese frosting with raspberry filling and white cake on the inside. It's to die for!) And yes, Lacey did stick her finger in the cake.....numerous times. All in all it was a "Happy Birthday!"

0 comments: