I've had to teach more than my usual three classes this week. Dianne went out of town and I have been covering her classes. It feels good to be teaching more. The only problem is having to drag the girls to class twice a day. I know they get tired of it, but they are little troopers.
After my morning class on Thursday, the three of us went to the movies. The girls were dying to see Kit Kittredge: An American Girl. They really enjoyed it and surprisingly we didn't have to go to the bathroom 3 or 4 times like we normally do. And yes, we brought their American girls' with us - Sally and Julie Albright. I think they even had a good time as well.Friday, we surprised the girls with a trip to the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coke. They were both so excited!! It was our first visit to the aquarium and I must say it was nice, but extremely crowded. My favorite "exhibit" was the Beluga Whales. Talk about a personality, one of them kept coming up to the glass and nodding its head at us. We were even told that if it was quiet we could hear them make noise, which sounds like high pitched humming. Needless to say that didn't happen. Lela said her favorite part was the 4-D movie and the jellyfish. Lacey liked seeing "Mr. Ray" and "Nemo." (There's a surprise.)
After the aquarium, we made the walk across the plaza to the World of Coke. There we got to see another 4-D movie as well as taste drinks from different parts of the world. The girls loved that part. Kevin sampled all 60 different flavors; some tasted better than others. Lela even got her picture with the Coke bear. He was too cute.
Then we changed the girls into their bathing suits and let them play in the fountain at Centennial Park. Lela was so excited because it reminded her of her trip to Chattanooga last year when they played in the fountains there. You would think after all of this the girls would have been worn out...WRONG! They didn't fall asleep in the car until after we ate dinner with Gigi and Jim and were on our way back home. Talk about energy, where do they get it???
Yesterday, we took the girls to Jan's to spend the night again this week. Talk about mother's guilt. I really hated that they had to go, but Kevin and I had to go to some Masonry Association Casino Night. It was all the way out in Gwinnett and it didn't start until 8:00 and was suppose to last to midnight. I was very reluctant to go, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The good thing was Kevin did win a $50 MasterCard gift card. Yeah!
This morning we slept in and skipped church. Considering we didn't get home until almost 1:00 in the morning, I think it was OK. Today has definitely been a good day to stay inside and rest. It has done nothing but rain all day.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Talk About Busy
Posted by jhdaniell at 5:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment