This past weekend I had the pleasure of going to St. Augustine with some girls from my bible study. It was so much fun!!! (Thank you, Wendy for coordinating our trip.) We left out on Thursday night and came back on Sunday, it was definitely a nice little weekend outing to recharge the batteries.
On Friday, we spent the entire day shopping. Talk about heaven, it doesn't get any better than that - no kids, no husband, and all the time in the world. Yeah! I got quite a bit of my Christmas shopping done which was so nice. I'm completely done with the girls and that takes a lot of the pressure off.
Then Saturday, we went to downtown St. Augustine where all the old buildings are and spent the entire day there; wandering the streets and looking at architecture. My friend Wendy, who is very involved in the Daughters of the American Revolution, told us that weekend the city would be having a British Night Watch and Grand Illumination Parade. Can I just say that was one of the coolest things I have ever been a part of. What the British Nightwatch does is recreate the celebration of the beginning of advent in British, St. Augustine, December 1776. So, basically it was like we were taking a trip back in time.
I was like a kid in candy store just watching all the people in "full costume." I was in total awe of what I was witnessing. It all of a sudden struck me that this stuff really did take place. I've never been a big a history buff so to speak, but this weekend might have change me in that aspect.
Monday, December 8, 2008
A Trip Back In Time
Posted by jhdaniell at 9:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment