Sunday, December 14, 2008

24 Days of Christmas Books

This is an idea I just came up with, it's a little late to do right now but it's definitely something I will do next Christmas.

I love Barnes & Noble, it's probably one of my favorite stores out there. And one of my favorite things to collect is children's Christmas books, hardback of course. Every year I'm always adding to my collection. This year it dawned on me that I could use my books as part of celebrating advent. With 24 days in the advent season we could read a different book each day. Here are just a few of my favorites in my collection:

Auntie Claus by Elise Primavera
This book is beautifully illustrated. In fact that is what caught my eye when I found it. It's a cute little story about Sophie Kringle and her mysterious great-aunt, Auntie Claus, who dresses in glamorous red velvet gowns and wears a diamond key around her neck. Sophie ends up discovering a faraway world where she learns the true identity of her Auntie and that giving is far better than receiving.


Santa's Favorite Story: Santa Tells the Story of the First Christmas by Hisako Aoki
Beautiful story of God's gift of love for us. "And this love is far better than any presents..."



The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore and illustrated by Mary Engelbreit
It's a classic need I say more!!!




The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
This is probably my all time favorite. For you see, "only believers can hear the sound of the bell."

0 comments: