Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Orleans, Houston and now Nacogdoches

Our car trip to Texas has been a quite enjoyable one, surprisingly. On Monday morning around 4:00 am, we pulled out of the driveway and headed out. We decided to head towards New Orleans where we stopped at Cafe Du Monde for coffee and beignets. It was the girls first visit and they seemed to really enjoy it. I know I did!Something that surprised us as we entered New Orleans was the devastation that still remained from Hurricane Katrina. Three years later and it looked as if it had just occurred. Kevin and I can tell exactly where we were when the Hurricane hit because Lacey was born on that day. So, that's a hard one to forget.

After beignets and coffee, we were off and on our way to Sugar Land (which is outside of Houston) to see the Hicks' family - Cammie, Paul and their three boys Clay, Cole and Cooper. The girls were so full of excitement about seeing their cousins; and I think everything lived up to their expectations. Cammie and Paul have three dogs - a Lab, named Jet who lives outside and two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, named Duke and Barron which live inside. The girls fell in love with Duke and Barron which it was not hard to considering how cute and well behaved they were.

On Tuesday, we had decided to take the girls to the NASA to see the "rockets." This was probably not a good idea because we seemed to enjoy it more than the girls. The very first thing the girls saw when we walked into Space Center Houston...a playground. So, the whole entire time was spent hearing about how we had to go back and play on the playground. Are we surprised?

This morning we have packed up the bags and are heading north toward Nacogdoches to see the rest of the family. We will stay here until Friday and then pack up again and head back home to the big ATL.


Daddy and Lacey enjoying some beignets at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans.






"The Girls" smiling for the camera at Cafe du Monde.








Welcome to Texas!!!









Daddy and Lacey with "Flat Stanley" standing in front of one the engines on the Saturn V rocket. Look at the size of one of those engines...well, it's like they say everything in Texas is bigger?








Daddy and Lacey ready for blast off?











Lela and me in front of the Star Wars - Clone Wars exhibit at Space Center Houston. I'm a huge Star Wars fan but don't tell anybody. So, when I found out about this exhibit I got all excited.


Me in front of the actually Saturn V rocket. It was HUGE!!!

1 comments:

southernjoy said...

A good friend of mine used to live in SugarLand.

Looks like y'all had a fun trip with lots of little adventures along the way! I need to get better at writing about stuff we do.