I've been pretty busy these past few days trying to get everything ready for the girls' Christmas parties at school tomorrow. I'm the room mom for Lela's class so I have all these extra responsibilities of getting the party organized, purchasing the teacher's gift, etc. This is my very first time doing something like this and I actually like it, if you can believe it?
For Lela's class, I took up a collection to get the teachers' a gift card. I was a little hesitant about doing it but ended up having a lot of success. So, I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they see the amount we collected for each of them.Me being the creative soul that I am wanted to do something extra special for the teachers as well. I love baking and especially this time of year because I have a reason to make extra stuff and try out new things. I made some triple chocolate-nut clusters and some white chocolate-peppermint jumbles and put them in plastic Rubbermade containers and then tied a red polka dot ribbon around them. They turned out really cute, if I don't say so myself! That's one thing I have learned from being a graphic designer "presentation is everything!"
Here's something else I did. I found this cute little red and white "bakery box" at Michael's with dividers in it. I made this box up with goodies for the preschool director. It contains (in clockwise order from upper left hand corner) triple chocolate-nut clusters, sugar cookies, oreo balls and holiday pretzel treats.
And last but not least the other thing I have been working on is a Christmas gift to give all the kids in Lela's class. What I ended up doing was purchasing Happy Birthday Jesus coloring books, scribble pads, crayons and pencils. I tied ribbon around everything and then stuck a candy cane in each. Not that the kids care, but I think look nice. (Besides it's more for me than it is for them anyways.)
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Even Martha Stewart Would Be Proud
Posted by jhdaniell at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment